Featured Not bad for nowhereville usa

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jun 28, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree that some silverplate flatware can do well, but you also can do well on good old stainless flatware. I recently learned about this pattern because a set was sold at the auction recently.

eBay's search must be hosed because I couldn't get it to show the link, but search for WMF Finesse.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Marko likes this.
  2. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Well, the "great story" turned out to be a dud...I can't get lucky all the time, either way I'm continuing to sniff around here for silver and I'll let you know what I find next.

komokwa and Marko like this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I love the older stainless flatware. I had these forks that were made in Germany that I picked up at a yard sale. Alas, my husband things they are his tools and three out of the four have ended up broken or missing during household repairs. I still hide the one I love using. I did pick up a set at IKEA today, liked the forks. I am picky about my silverware.

4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

WOW on that flatware! Also German, like my forks, but my forks weren't that expensive to buy (checked them out on ebay.) I do love those WMF forks....

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The Replacements price and reality are often very different, but even the FeeBay price for a place setting is pretty decent for stainless.

Draft saved Draft deleted