Featured Not great photos but need help with contemporary signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by laura9797, Feb 18, 2020.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Let my start by apologizing for the photo quality! This is hanging in my office hallway and I have to at least figure out the artist to decide what to do with it. Reminds me of Keith Haring in a way. Artist is likely French - this is mixed media on a type of wove paper underglass. Not removed from the frame. Before we hung it a few months ago (and it is heavy), I pulled the paper off the back to see if there were any labels, writing and there was nothing so I did not include those photos. You can see a small raised/embossed artist monogram by the name as well.
    Thanks so much! IMG_6182.JPEG IMG_6183.JPEG IMG_6184.JPEG IMG_6185.JPEG IMG_6186.JPEG

pearlsnblume, i need help and judy like this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Might it be Morrison?

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

^^my guess also! ;)

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

M. Harrison?

Bronwen likes this.
  5. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Marinon or Marion ? Cool piece!

i need help likes this.
  6. laura9797

UPDATE: I have been told that this a Paul Harmon piece. Be careful when you go searching for his art......lots of erotic stuff. Glad this one is more 'tame' LOL!!!

7. gauntlettgems

That's an H???

laura9797 likes this.
  8. laura9797

I know! I have just contacted him to ask about a title and date. Interesting artist. I thought he was French and he is from Tennessee but resides in France as well. Go figure! http://www.paulharmon.com/home/

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Although I don't care for this one, I like most of the rest of the art I saw on his site, thanks, Laura.

10. laura9797

I just heard back from the artist. Original painting on d’Arches paper, deckle edged Medium, acrylic. Title: Odalisque. What a nice guy! Sometimes when you deal with living artists, they are not so helpful. If anyone would like a link to our upcoming auction that this work is in, please let me know and I will PM you.

antidiem, Bakersgma and aaroncab like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the update. And good luck with your auction.

Debora

laura9797 likes this.
  12. gauntlettgems

Took a look at his website He certainly likes, boobs, bush and bunnies lol His stuff made me laugh

laura9797 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted