Featured Not my cup of tea but I couldn't resist this lot. Can anyone help with a mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Oct 12, 2020.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

6916F6C8-B8E9-4809-B2EA-FF03E6C1B22F.jpeg D68E41FC-65BF-4FF4-A589-9D039F5E1BF5.jpeg CA3B6654-8BB6-4B58-A457-C2812F799458.jpeg AA380915-851A-4D21-95C3-58DB655B0A14.jpeg These pieces of Capodimonte and Dresden porcelain turned up at my local auction today and although I don't particularly like them, I could see a profit in them and can appreciate that they are extremely finely made. I'm selling them on eBay but there is one figurine for which I can't identify the mark. It doesn't seem to be in my Rontgen unless I am looking in the wrong place.It's a mid to late twentieth century piece.

Has anyone seen this mark before?

All the best

John

i need help, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea, but she has all of her fingers; that never happens when I find these figurines. I've sold one or two of these ladies, but only locally.

judy, John Brassey and i need help like this.
  3. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

I spy a couple by Giuseppe Cappe.

Don't know that mark off the top of my head. Will do some checking for you!

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I looked through my Kovels Mark Book. There are a couple marks using the same style crown used by Hutschenreuther. No exact match, but the only crowns showing the same style/shape were Hutschenreuther.

5. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

This is what I meant by same Style of crown.

• [​IMG]

[​IMG]

John Brassey and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Do you think that’s an R in the crown, or just a design?

John Brassey and patd8643 like this.
  7. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

I found a couple of other figurines with the same mark. Listed as "unknown maker".

Rec, John Brassey and i need help like this.
  8. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

9. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

On an added note: what a wonderful wealth of information on marks, on the link I posted. Been browsing it and finding it very informative, even though I don't read the language. just saying.....

10. John Brassey

Thanks so much

excellent

John

11. John Brassey

Yes there are several Cappi . All figures were in one auction lot! I listed them all on eBay last night to take advantage of a £1 final fee offer.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  12. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Ditto, as it says on the antik-forum under the picture posted by Marco.

Rec likes this.
  13. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

see the note below the picture

Unbekannt in Dresdenin Deutschland in Zeitraum bis heute means Unknown in Dresden In Germany until today

Screenshot 2020-10-13 164155.png

mmarco102 and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted