Not sure what to do with this book?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Pat P, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Oh, that sounds marvelous, Greg! Do you have pictures of the place? If you do, and start a new thread with it, I bet lots of folks would love to see them.

When my dad drove into the City, he'd take a shortcut on city streets that skirted Red Hook to get to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. This was way before any revitalizaton, and before cellphones, and my mother would get very, very nervous fearing the car would break down. Twas quite a scary place back then!

2. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I have a few books from the mid to late 1800's but add their value all together and they are not as valueable as one book I have that is a "Rudolph Valentino First Edition, My Private Diary 1929,with Poem. Van Dyke Illustrated"

About 8 years ago it was worth 800.00, now I am lucky to sell it for 250.00.:arghh: So age is not a factor but rariety ,etc.

3. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I had a beat up,stained,ugly document that was affixed to an old plastic adhesive."Signed Military Document President Porfirio Diaz 1886" with free Post Card of Pres.Madero of Mexico"

I put a BIN for 449.99 and it sold...then of course my greed set in and I wondered if I placed too small an amount???:( So you never know. :rolleyes:

4. sean507

sean507 New Member

What did you end up doing with this copy? As a collector of Spooner, I am quite curious....

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @sean507 . Pat P hasn't visited here for several months and I'm unable to tag her, for some reason. You can try sending her a private message. One way to do that is to click on her avatar image, and then "Start a Conversation." Most people get an email notification when a conversation has been started.

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that and the thread is over 5 years old.....................................:inpain::inpain:

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Reported

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted