Oil painting Seashore seascape signed Garini I think Help verify Signature

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mugzinnys, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

20190822_170937.jpg 20190822_170945.jpg 20190822_171025.jpg 20190822_170839.jpg 20190822_170857.jpg 20190822_170918.jpg 20190822_170926.jpg 20190822_170933.jpg The vintage worn painting of a seascape
    2' X 4'

Some areas are rogh and in need of repair overaa still a nice painting.

Not sure if I have the spelling of the name correct.

Need to find some thing to compare it to like another painting painted by this artist or an auction sale if they are a known artist.Thank in advance all help appreciated

save or discard ?

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It looks like there is only one dot for a letter i in the signature. So it might not end with "i." Will think about this more...

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and sabre123 like this.
  3. Mugzinnys

Thanks figtree3

Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Second dot on I is on the back signature. Has to be Garini. The only Garini I am finding is Ampelio Lorenzo Garini. This does not look like his work. Any time I see inventory numbers on the back of paintings like this, I think factory art. This has enough age to it that it could have been done in the post-WWII period when Italy was producing such.

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I don't think the back is a signature so much as someone marking the painting.

I see Garim. Which wants to be Garin.

Who was famous for seascapes.

I didn't spend much time on it, but as best I can tell, signatures/styles do not match.

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and Figtree3 like this.
  6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy and Mugzinnys like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Agreed on everything you just said. :)

Garim is also a real surname but I haven't found any paintings by somebody with that name.

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and Jivvy like this.
  8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It is written twice on there - appears to be Gorini or Garini and likely not even a real name of the painter because it's probably factory art, just like Brad mentioned above. It's a very pretty piece.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Christmasjoy and Mugzinnys like this.
  9. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I'd say someone who had talent but never got well known. I think the skill level is above factory art.

10. Mugzinnys

wow so many different directions to pursue, Well I got a lot more information than I had.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Mugzinnys

here are 2 images of the back Inh it is stapled to the back of a wood frame. arefactory works done in this manner? The wire and dry wall strews are my additions I needed to get it off the floor and hanged

Draft saved Draft deleted