Featured Okay Guys Need Help with Ice machine

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by DeAnne, Jun 8, 2019.

1. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

For the life you me I can not figure out how to release the dang they to bring it back up. And seriously if I could pick it up I would throw it. It can't be that hard I don't get it. The fact that they are extremely rare doesn't help any because I looked at every on they had on the internet and none of them are set up like this. Is is possible it just needs a good oiling. UGH PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

IMG_9365.JPG

IMG_9366.JPG

2. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Or maybe help with how to search with pat. numbers I found one other electric one set up a little different though but the same maker. But the front has pat numbers on it. Maybe then I can figure it out.

IMG_9367.PNG

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Push/pull the knob with the spring?

i need help likes this.
  4. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Tried that. Even tried prying it out with a couple of screwdrivers to release the gears. No luck.

judy and i need help like this.
  5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Penetrating oil.

judy, i need help and komokwa like this.
  6. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I just sent him to home depot. Hopefully that will work because I took off the front cover and still not seeing it. And I just want to make some dang snow cones LOL

IMG_9371.JPG

IMG_9373.JPG

i need help likes this.
  7. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

and i just found this :D
    they named the parts in the video, thought that was very useful

Jivvy, Any Jewelry, Fid and 3 others like this.
  8. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I saw that one to but that one has an easy release thing on it. Mine doesn't have that. I think it does have something to do with the screw but just can't figure it out. I screwed it all the way in and pulled and all the way out. I have tried everything I could think of. Next step is going to be complete dismantle at least then I will know how it works.

judy likes this.
  9. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

But thank you you for looking I do appreciate it.

10. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

11. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Well it's not the screw took it off and moved the gear back away and still won't release UGH what am I missing. Everything turn freely I just can't figure out how to get it to come back up.

IMG_9374.JPG

12. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Wonder??? is there anyone on this board that lives in Japan? I saw a couple of videos online of street vendors there using them. But nothing close enough to tell what kind or how the worked.

judy likes this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It looks like your "hand crank" has been modified to 'electric'?? So, unless I'm missing something, in doing that, what else might have been altered that might be holding it frozen.....?? Any other examples I see are still vintage hand crank......

judy likes this.
  14. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I found one other electric just set up a little different. I am going to email him and see if he can help but I'm not holding my breath. He some artist guy in LA. I have taken everything I can off of it and now I have the shaft soaking in wd 40. I am thinking maybe hopefully it might help. Even though I have no idea what it might help.

http://asukahisa.blogspot.com/2011/08/zeppelin-ice.html

This is the guy who owns it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pet...XzGTQIHSamBR8Q_AUICygA&biw=1920&bih=900&dpr=1

15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Good luck!!! Sounds like you're plugging in the right direction!!! Please let us know how you make out!!!! Others may still chime in with some constructive ideas too!!!!!

judy likes this.
  16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

JMHO. nothing better than a complete disassembly; checking also if the main spindle is guided in bronze bushings etc..
    and it would be much more up to today's hygienic standards if bearings were all of closed type and edible oil is used for greasing.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  17. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

Okay so after messing with it soaking it and sleeping on it. Then only thing we could come up with is the knob when twisted in and pushes against the gear it should allow the other gear to come back up. SOOOO even though it moves freely we think a bushing or something in there is stuck. Any ideas on how to unstick it ? I soaked it from the top of the shaft in wd40 over night. An there is little junks of dried flaky grease coming out.

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9379.JPG

18. HippAntiques

HippAntiques Well-Known Member

I can't help you, but that is a gorgeous piece!!! Love it!!

So....please don't pick it up and throw it.....LOL

DeAnne likes this.
  19. DeAnne

DeAnne Well-Known Member

I DID IT!!!!! YEAH So it took me about 5 hours LOL Bottle of Alcohol, fishing line and various sculpting tools. It was just so gummed up in there but it was a success. And yep so after getting it all cleaned come to find out there is no release. The handle just turns one way up the other way down. The spring thing is to slow it down a bit while shaving the ice. And yes I cleaned the plate and blade before I cut the ice.

IMG_9541.JPG

IMG_9543.JPG

IMG_9548.JPG

janettekay, quirkygirl, judy and 7 others like this.
  20. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow! Great job! That ice looks good. :)

judy and DeAnne like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted