Okura mid century vase? Look how beautiful it is!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Elen Beattie, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, on my lunchtime thrifting adventure I pick up this beautiful vase (my photos don't do it justice!) It is Okura which I believe is under the umbrella of Noritake? I can't find out much info about Okura except seeing a few catalogues from the 1960s and 70s advertising some of the wares. Do you know when it started to be produced? This vase has a mid-century modern look to me but I could be wrong and it could be even more recent. Any info appreciated!

OkuraVase.jpeg OkuraVase2.jpeg image5 (5).jpeg image2 (10).jpeg image3 (4).jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Okura is listed alphabetically in the Japanese marks section. No examples but a couple paragraphs of information.

Elen Beattie likes this.
  3. Elen Beattie

Thank you, very useful info! I looked on Replacements as well but couldn't find the pattern. Would you think mid century perhaps?

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I doubt that this vase qualifies as a "Pattern" in the same way as tableware would.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The design looks 1980s ish.

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Elen Beattie

Ok, thank you!

Ownedbybear likes this.
  7. Elen Beattie

Thanks. The reason I looked is because I picked up another smaller Okura vase at the same time that was on Replacements which was a blue rose pattern.

Draft saved Draft deleted