Old looking coins from the Middle East

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by skyshark, Feb 1, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

The Antiquities Laws regarding really old,culturally significant items are sometimes enforced internationally internationally.I've never encountered this problem before,but you'd want to be careful where you post pics of this stuff.Things posted on the Web,can generally be seen by the whole planet.Pics I've shared here are on the World Wide Web for the entire planet to see.

2. skyshark

skyshark Active Member

Yea I worry a lot. I know my dad did. He never left this country tho, all I have from him was shipped... lol. So I mean they let it leave. Idk, I'll do research.

I will probably slow down on posting till I'm well versed. Regardless I won't let my dad's collection be stripped away. His wish was that would take care of me, my brother, and my daughter. I need to be smart. Asssssuming everything is real. I've seen my dad get screwed before.. He worked for a huge telecommunications company that went under and lost millions in stocks. Then got fired. Because of greed... the World can suck.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love to wear napkin rings.:happy:

I see Afghan, Middle Eastern. Would love to see each item separately, but I realise that will take time.
    I have seen the sword, and believe me, the jewellery you have there is worth much more.
    Yes, you can, no problems anywhere in the world. None of what you have shown us so far is subject to antiquities legislation.
    Tag the jewellery people. And for ethnic jewellery, tag the ethnic jewellery people. There are few in the last category, but I am one of them.
    Most of them have too much value to be treated as mere embellishment for something else.

Bronwen, komokwa and skyshark like this.
  4. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I have whiplash from all the directions this thread is going in. :p

I'm jealous of those bracelets.

5. bosko69

Eye-opening hoard,it'd make Indiana groans !

:rage:...man thats a bad pun

6. bosko69

Here's a closeup of two authentic bronze age swords-Hallstat Antennae Swords of the Hallstatt B period (c. 10th century BC), found near Lake Neuchâtel.
    Check out the details of the casting and the hand-chased surface decoration.The hilt on the right hand sword is attached to the blade with two round rivets.
    Hallstat Atennae Sword.jpg

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted