Old necklace with extender and earrings help please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ulilwitch, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

old necklace1.png old necklace1.png old necklace2.png old necklace3.png old necklace4.png old necklace5.png old necklace1.png old necklace2.png old necklace3.png old necklace4.png old necklace5.png old necklace1.png My Mother gave these to me quite a while ago. The are very pretty but I can't wear them because of allergies. I find no markings on them. Is anyone familiar with this pattern or style? I don't know if the earrings went with the necklace. They were in the same box when my Mother gave them to me. Even if they don't, Mom wore them together. Thanks for looking everyone.

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

1970s/80s craft show stuff. I've seen plenty of them; they're often silver-plated with a few glass or stone beads. They were dirt common about 40 years ago. The maker was probably some teenaged kid trying to make a buck.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm holding my mothers.....same clasp, tube beads, and roses....I thought these were even later than the 80's...but WDIK...

scoutshouse and ulilwitch like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with above. Any time from 1970s to 2000 or even beyond. Craft fair, handmade at a bead store, etc.

I don't think that second piece is an extension to the necklace, I think it is probably a bracelet. Although I suppose you could use it as an extension.

ulilwitch and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted