Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Old oil painting portrait #1
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Percy French, post: 4511960, member: 7345"]Hi all, I was hoping some of you may be able to provide additional information to an old portrait oil painting I am considering purchasing. This looks very old and nicely painted, although I am trying to find out more about it. Looks like it has possibly been relined as well at some stage in its life as I believe the stretcher to be newer (albeit still antique) than the painting. Would any of you happen to say what age it may be and possible origins or even an artist. No sign of any signature, please also excuse any shadow in my photos form my phone.</p><p><br /></p><p>Any help, views or opinions greatly appreciated.</p><p><br /></p><p>Kind regards,</p><p>P-F</p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]396290[/ATTACH] </p><p>[ATTACH=full]396291[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]396292[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]396293[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Percy French, post: 4511960, member: 7345"]Hi all, I was hoping some of you may be able to provide additional information to an old portrait oil painting I am considering purchasing. This looks very old and nicely painted, although I am trying to find out more about it. Looks like it has possibly been relined as well at some stage in its life as I believe the stretcher to be newer (albeit still antique) than the painting. Would any of you happen to say what age it may be and possible origins or even an artist. No sign of any signature, please also excuse any shadow in my photos form my phone. Any help, views or opinions greatly appreciated. Kind regards, P-F [ATTACH=full]396290[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]396291[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]396292[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]396293[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Old oil painting portrait #1
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...