Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Old Rare Carnival Glass Shakers
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Scott, post: 6794, member: 203"]Thanks so much Mary, I will post a few more tonight. The white one is the only pastel carnival glass shaker I have seen.</p><p>The interesting thing about these pieces, and I've done a whole article on them, is that many show up in old Victorian era patterns. Its a very interesting subject.</p><p><br /></p><p>Yes, Grape & Cable would have been nice. I believe that there are so few carnival glass shakers and toothpicks because the days of the fancy shakers and toothpicks fell out of favor from the Victorian era when carnival was rising.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Scott, post: 6794, member: 203"]Thanks so much Mary, I will post a few more tonight. The white one is the only pastel carnival glass shaker I have seen. The interesting thing about these pieces, and I've done a whole article on them, is that many show up in old Victorian era patterns. Its a very interesting subject. Yes, Grape & Cable would have been nice. I believe that there are so few carnival glass shakers and toothpicks because the days of the fancy shakers and toothpicks fell out of favor from the Victorian era when carnival was rising.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Old Rare Carnival Glass Shakers
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...