OLD SWORD 1763 VO

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by BTZ64, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Is it original marks..??

1. Spanish Portugese Dutch French English..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cavalry or Navy sword

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Ok Understood...Here is some details of the second one...H is 31 cm base 10 cm..And this one has got this reverse Y letter with a dot.....Does it speak to you...Have been recommended to post those Jugs on Ceramic etc Forum..Have done it and will inform you if any interesting replies..JB 018.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  2. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thought my reply went trough..??..Ok..Here is the second one of the pair...They measure 31cm H for 10 cm Base..As recommended..Have as well posted on Ceramics Forum...JB

Attached Files:

• 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      156.9 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      180.1 KB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      169.6 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      174.5 KB
      Views:
    • 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      172.4 KB
      Views:
  3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Good, that set of pix should help the experts determine something or other.

Christmasjoy, kyratango and BTZ64 like this.
  4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hope so too...!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

BTZ64 likes this.
  6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Raeren is in Belgium. the other possibility would be Frechen.
    and they are certainly not Dutch.

BTZ64 likes this.
  8. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks for the infos..I will send some photos in their Ceramic and Pottery Museum as I have done already at
    Thanks for the Infos...I will forward my photos and questions to their Ceramic and Pottery Museum..As I have already done it to Princesse Hoff Museum in Holland...Those 2 stoneware glazed jar with Shells logo make me think they might be XVIII th Cent Dutch...Will inform you asa I will have a response. JB

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

In Friesland, not Holland. Amsterdam is in Holland, Leeuwarden is in Friesland. So the Princessehof in Leeuwarden is in Friesland.;)
    Both Holland and Friesland are in the Netherlands, along with a whole lot of other provinces.:)

To complicate matters, Holland is split into two provinces, appropriately named North and South Holland.:playful:
    To complicate things even further, the provinces of Brabant and Limburg are divided between Belgium and the Netherlands.:rolleyes: Flanders is even worse, it is divided between Belgium, the Netherlands and France (that one you know :D).:jawdrop:
    I will give you a rest now, so I won't list the specific names.:facepalm:

10. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thank..!!! Ok Ok....Hope they can reply now with more acknowledging facts regarding my 2 Jugs....But Thanks anyway for the info..jb

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

so what's up ? no conclusion yet ?

12. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Some museums respond sometimes, some don’t, Museum employees are sometimes the type that despise private sale of artifacts and resist doing anything to help it. But more often, museums have policies that may limit their services to “free appraisal days” where you must take your artifact there. I’ve had pretty good luck with museums in France and UK, and limited success in Spain.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    BTZ64 likes this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Jacques gave the news in another thread, they are German.

BTZ64 likes this.
  14. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi to both of you DEVILISH and FID...
    I thought I had add a response previuosely reg PrincessHof Museum...??
    Yes Mrs Drs Karin Gaillard responded twice to me reg those Bottles.
    She did mentioned that the production of such type of stoneware bottles were made from XVIIth cent in Germany..And the Nederlands were at the time one of their main Clients for their Trading Navy Adventures from West to East...The marks are not known as a repertoried one ..But Every Trading Had their own one for..Olive Oil,Anchovies oil Alchool,Spirits and so on different Liquids.This shape of bottles have been done and manufactures in the Netherlands quite later..Around 1800..But were very reconised by their Blue Cobalt decoration....I am very faithful to Mrs Gaillard to have spent time and work to respond...I might receive as well some response reg the VOC Sword...So I have been lucky so far between Drouot Estimations and Princesshof museum...Am still waiting stand by from Goa Museum of Religious antiques...And as well from Netherlands for my Ink Roman Drawing attributed to Theodor Boeyermanns....Will update you accordingly...JB 002.JPG

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I00% Right..Just sent 2 Threads answers on Questions..!!! JB To DEVILISH and TRId

Any Jewelry likes this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Devilish is his mood, his forum name is @springfld.arsenal .:playful: TRId is @Fid .

kyratango and BTZ64 like this.
  17. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Merci a vous....By the way my ink drawing....Is...Mucius Scevola in front of Porsenna.....Just got the infos..JB

18. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

OK...Hope he is feeling better right now..!!:happy:

19. Any Jewelry

:hilarious:

kyratango likes this.
  20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

thank you. nothing new for me then.