Featured Old theater advertising slides c1920 - My Grandparents!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by scoutshouse, Sep 26, 2019.

1. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

My grandparents Mina, millineress and Jerome Lee Martin, cowboy. These would have been shown in theaters in Laramie and Casper, WY

I still have a couple of her cellophane hats, but lost the beautiful leghorn years ago.

Cracked, but just the protective glass, not the graphic layer - the yellow bands are from my vintage x-ray lightbox

20190925_194422_1569552987912.jpg

I've posted on Grandaddy Lee's various exploits in the Golden west before... If you're interested in cowboys, he's the real deal :)

20190925_194359_1569548845742.jpg

Here they are, she on her third marriage, he on his second second. They met in a rough mining town, Thermopolis.

He was a lawman and she was making do with a mentally unstable husband. They stayed in touch and... :)?

20190926_193950_1569553534250.jpg

Two middle aged folks with lifetimes behind them, soon to adopt a foundling, Juanita Lorraine. My mother <3

2. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Amazing! I love these❤️

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

These are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

5. scoutshouse

6. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

How could one not look, these are great antique eye candy!

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely slides and photos, and such a wonderful family history. Thank you for showing us, scouts.:happy:

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing.

judy, Vintage Maven and scoutshouse like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's great that you have these, @scoutshouse ! I remember you telling some stories about your grandfather, and just went back to find a couple of them...

Vintage Maven and scoutshouse like this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very cool to have these, Scout!!

scoutshouse and Vintage Maven like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Love the use of the word "snappy."

Debora

scoutshouse likes this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Very neat, THANKS for the look-see!!!!!

scoutshouse likes this.
  13. scoutshouse

Everyone, thanks for your comments :) I really enjoy sharing as I sort, given time.

My dream is to have the time to transcribe all Grandaddy Lee's journals and correspondence, and scan all the images. I came across these looking though negatives, which need to be scanned (somehow?).

I wish it could be my full time job. :(

@Vintage Maven @antidiem @sabre123 @Any Jewelry @Bakersgma @pearlsnblume @Aquitaine @Figtree3

The "snappy" hat remark, yes :) + the pavlovian cue, "Before shopping for your next hat" @Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted