Old Tramp Art Table?Big Boy Brazier/National Cash Register

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by antiquelover69, Dec 2, 2018.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I've never came across a table like this one.I can't find anything on it.There's an old label that has,"Big Boy Brazier another label "National Cash Register Co. Dayton Ohio.Now I know they made cash registers and scales but never knew about tables.This one has some type of small table on top that spin around,underneath is what look like a large holder really strange looking.Anybody know what this is.Metal and wood.I was told at one time it's tramp art,it was built out of different parts. SAM_0056.JPG SAM_0058.JPG SAM_0060.JPG SAM_0061.JPG SAM_0062.JPG

Attached Files:

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Definitely cobbled together from parts. Metal base parts look like office equipment stands of some sort (typewriters? Portable cash registers?). Turntable may be a repurposed restaurant rotisserie???

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

4. verybrad

Found that Big Boy is a brand of barbeque grills so might be on the right track.

5. antiquelover69

That's what I said I was told it's tramp art made from different parts.Just wanted to be sure.I wanted to be sure

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

scoutshouse, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  7. verybrad

Not tramp art. Just a make-do assemblage.

8. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Its a damaged table with part of a grill. Nothing more exciting than that, sadly.

scoutshouse and komokwa like this.
  9. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

My guess it was made by an artist or crafts person to spin a piece without having to touch it or walk around the table. I use a lazy susan when I'm spray painting something or I'm applying gesso or clay bole on a frame.

10. antiquelover69

Kronos in my years of selling estate sales,flea market,Ebay,people like one of a kind item.Something no one else has.Just my experence

scoutshouse likes this.
  11. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

scoutshouse, komokwa and i need help like this.
  12. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

*shrug* I just pointed out that the person who answered you two years ago was correct, and that it was no way in any shape or form a tramp art piece. If it's special and unique to you, that's fine. No problem with that.

scoutshouse and komokwa like this.
  13. antiquelover69

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My thoughts go somewhat along with @Mill Cove Treasures! Something I might want to use to turn an object to get an even coat of spray varnish or paint in a craft project.....should probably say "would have" since haven't done any projects in quite a while!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::joyful::joyful:

scoutshouse, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted