Old unknown signed vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aigi, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Aigi

Aigi Member

Hello all, i got this vase from the estate of my grandmother. It is signed and i tried to find it online but i found nothing. Maybe someone know the producer or has some Others information, would be nice :) thanks a lot. IMG_20201004_004916.jpg IMG_20201004_004847.jpg IMG_20201003_235946.jpg IMG_20201004_002209.jpg IMG_20201004_004934_3338.jpg

FishLure and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Aigi! Very nice studio pottery. I think the initials on the bottom are read GB (turn the last picture 90 degrees clockwise to see that.) I have no idea who that person might be but studio pottery often stays close to "home" so you might want to ask around in the area where your grandmother lived in the 70s.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Salt glazed, if that helps. It's a nice lump.

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I see FB turned 90 degrees counterclockwise.

5. Aigi

Aigi Member

She travelled around the world for many years so she could get it from everywhere, i allready asked friends who lived there. And no one has an idea. She gave me about 7 vases and they are really hard to designate but it is very interesting to check the history behind.
    But now i know it is salt glazed and from the 70s that helps a lot! Thank you :)

6. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Nice piece. Sorry I can’t help you .

7. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

could be Gillian bliss.

8. Aigi

Aigi Member

I watched many Gilliam bliss signatures and they are different but im not really an expert and btw thanks all who helped me so far:)

Draft saved Draft deleted