Old Vintage Tool - Need Help Identifying This Please

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Robin L. Kiskunes, Oct 29, 2023.

  1. Hi guys,

    I have another old vintage tool found at an estate sale. Was wondering what this is and what year it's from? Can someone please help me identify this? Imprinted on the side it says something like "B MFG Asso" from what I can read. DSCN5782 Side of Tool2.jpg DSCN5787 Side of Tool.jpg DSCN5784 Close Up Top Tool2.jpg DSCN5785 Close Up Back Tool.jpg
    wlwhittier likes this.
  2. 2manybooks

    2manybooks Well-Known Member

    It is for "setting" (bending/straightening) the teeth on a hand saw.

    Nice photos, btw.
    komokwa, wlwhittier, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  3. Thanks very much for your answer. Is there a name for this tool? And what year do you think it's from?
    wlwhittier likes this.
  4. terry5732

    terry5732 Well-Known Member

    saw set pliers
    sabre123, Potteryplease and Bronwen like this.
  5. Lark

    Lark Well-Known Member

    They are still being made "saw tooth setter tool". Could be from early 1900's. Look for a manufacture name . They were a common tool. sell for $10-20 around here depending on manufacturer. I sold many out of my antique store to people who planned on using them.
  6. wlwhittier

    wlwhittier Well-Known Member

    That one has a stop, a handy feature for uniformity of set.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page