Featured One more ceramic what-did-I-buy - Sevres-like marks but 20th century?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Jun 2, 2021.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sevres they ain't, they're not old enough. The porcelain looks nice and the painting is at least partially hand done. There's what looks like a decorator's mark on the bottom too. But whose? The vases came as a pair. The mark looks like it has an A C inside.

DSCF6269.JPG DSCF6270.JPG DSCF6272.JPG DSCF6273.JPG

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I dunno. If no one has an answer, and if you don't mind me snagging the photos, I can try a FB group I'm a member of and see if they have any idea.

3. evelyb30

Go for it! The mark isn't in my Kovel's book so I'm wondering.

judy and kentworld like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

So, no one in the FB group (Antique European Porcelain Collectors) could ID the mark other than to say it is fake -- likely first half of 20th c. I'm of the opinion it is European manufacture and not Asian. So, as we say in the biz, decorative rather than collectible value. Personally, I think they're pretty good. ;)

Any Jewelry, judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  5. evelyb30

That's about what I figured. Thought they might be French, but no way they were old enough to be Sevres.

kentworld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted