Featured Opinions on a "NA" concha belt please?

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Ownedbybear, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Don't think it's silver, do think it's decent leather. Well made, bit of age. E15C.jpg E15A.jpg E15B.jpg

Any thoughts, folks?

Zeppelin78, judy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

That is soooo COOL

Always wanted one but never knew what they were called, always wanted one like Jim morrisons

3. charlie cheswick

I'd be well interested if it's not silver obb ;)

judy and i need help like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think these faux concha belts were popular in the 80s. They still are with line dancers etc.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Another example.

Debora

il_794xN.514241589_85gx.jpg

8. Any Jewelry

Those two are indeed authentic, as was the one Jim Morrison had (and many others at the time). The real ones have been worn for over a century by the Navajo, and were highly popular during the Hippie era.
    I was talking about the popularity of the faux ones though, which I started seeing here in Europe in the 80s. I have no idea how that was in the US, but obb is also in Europe, so I assume she got hers in the UK.;)

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Are they set with stone or are those glass do you think? There have been faux belts here too.

judy, komokwa and charlie cheswick like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

The real ones are stone, usually turquoise, obb's faux one is set with glass or plastic.

judy and komokwa like this.
  11. charlie cheswick

judy, i need help and komokwa like this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

In the 80s every home shopping channel offered NA "style" items . It was a fad for years. You see these in thrifts all the time (yes,I stop and look,ya never know!) . As an aside,Jim Morrison is directly responsible for me wasting $300 (in 1982 that was real money !) on a pair of black leather pants that stained the lower half of my body for a week after I wore them ! Not to mention I sweated 5 lbs off wearing them. But for that one night I wore them,I looked fabulous ! :)

LIbraryLady, judy, reader and 8 others like this.
  13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I had a black leather skirt for a while. Got it in a rummage sale and wore it once, but it wasn't skin tight or short. I forget what happened to it, but it left again. Those fake conchos used to turn up in craft stores well into the 90s.

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I too still have my leather pants.....somewhere in a closet.....gettin high on coke & weed.......
    It never stopped partying !! :hilarious:

Aquitaine, stracci, judy and 3 others like this.
  15. komokwa

Oh....the belt....it's not real.....
    Oh...& @charlie cheswick ......if you wanna be cool.....& hot.....look for a real one !
    Ya, they are expensive.....but if u can pull off wearing one of those.........you'll look & feel like a Million Bucks !!!

upload_2020-10-3_13-46-37.jpeg

Aquitaine, judy, patd8643 and 3 others like this.
  16. charlie cheswick

now i want a cowichan jumper as well :)

my mates dog ate the sleeve of the last one i had

been looking at proper ones today, and the prices made me go all sweaty:jawdrop:

17. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

if I had THAT waist Id dammed sure try ! Alas,I havent been that size since Reagan was in office !

18. komokwa

Ya....but if u can rock a belt like that........just think !!!!;):woot::woot::woot::woot:

19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd be thinking of selling it. (LOL)

20. reader

reader Well-Known Member

LOL still living in conchas and wearing leather in winter. I’ve bought very little for this fall but one thing I did buy were over the knee leather gaiters since full leather jeans get warm. The costume belts have been around in the US since the first craze in the 70s. I don’t remember seeing larger ones til later-the smaller link chain ones showed up first.

Draft saved Draft deleted