Featured Orange vase ... Peters and Reed?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by verybrad, Dec 16, 2022.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Picked up this orange vase the other day for $3.00 at the thrift. I know Fulper, Zanesville, Peters and Reed, and probably others (Weller?) made this shape. I am leaning toward Peters and Reed but can find no other orange vases from them. Can anyone confirm? It is 8 1/4" tall by 5 3/8" diameter.
    prvase.JPG prvase2.JPG

judy, Rclinftl, johnnycb09 and 6 others like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Haeger because of the glazed bottom and stilt marks.

judy, Rclinftl and Figtree3 like this.
  3. verybrad

Could be. If so, it would be an earlier piece. They did mimic some Fulper shapes early on. I am not finding others attributed to Haeger but will keep searching.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

They called this shape fool's cap.

5. verybrad

Yeah.... I used this as a search term with various combinations when I first began looking but not much came up. Apparently, most dealers do not use the term. Seems mostly linked to Fulper and this is clearly not Fulper.

Figtree3, pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted