Organic chemistry and fatty compounds

Discussion in 'Books' started by Jacqui, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

i have this book that I cannot find anywhere. There is thousands of later copies but not one of the one I have...... I have been looking for another copy on and off for lotsa years and still nothing,
    It’s called
    Organic chemistry the fatty compounds by whiteley and published by longmans, the year it’s published is 1895 C69EE6F5-C9A7-4691-89E1-FDEDF175B8A6.jpeg 0A0BA402-D4F8-4307-955D-CEE7FAA63786.jpeg
    Does anyone have an idea ??

Jacqui x

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no...but it describes my existence .........

kyratango, Jacqui and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

It does appear to be scarce. But, in my experience, that does not equate with value in the case of old chemistry texts. The author does not seem to have great importance either. He does not merit a wikipedia page, and I found reference to only one other book authored by him (Chemical Calculations with Explanatory notes, Problems, and Answers, 1913). The information in the book is now readily available in the modern reprints for those few who might be interested, and it is unlikely that there is any "collectible" value in an original edition.

5. Jacqui

Jacqui Active Member

Thankyou! It’s one of those it been bugging me for an age !! You’d expect to see at least one other copy somewhere!! Maybe it was so rubbish everyone threw them away lol.... Thankyou for spending the time to look at it for me I appreciate your efforts x

2manybooks and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Elementary school kids probably didn't want to keep their copy. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted