Origin Of Dark Brown Stoneware Teapot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Apr 21, 2020.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

This stands 7 1/2" tall. The only mark is under the handle. On the heavy side. Thought it was cool. Hoping someone might know where it came from.

tea1.JPG tea2.JPG tea3.JPG tea4.JPG tea5.JPG tea6.JPG tea8.JPG tea10.JPG tea11.JPG tea12.JPG

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

China

judy likes this.
  3. kraftblue

Thanks Blooey. Any idea of age? Yixing?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. kraftblue

Bumping for any more opinions.

5. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

The photo of the underside, is that a maker mark of some sort, or just a smushed up part of the making of the pot?

judy likes this.
  6. kraftblue

Couch, just a smushed part.

7. crazycrowlady

crazycrowlady Active Member

It looks like it might be for wine, not tea.

8. kraftblue

Cray, you may be right. Have been looking at images. It' a little more fancier then a tea pot.

9. kraftblue

Was looking again at images and my pot.. My pot has a steam hole. Probably not a wine pot.

Draft saved Draft deleted