Original artwork various artists—music posters

Discussion in 'Art' started by f. skitty, Apr 11, 2019.

1. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

i have quite a few original works of art for posters for music events at Armadillo World Headquarters from 1970-1980 by artists like Michael Priest, Kerry Awn and others. Can anyone tell me if these are very collectible?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Are they silk screened or lithographs?

WHAT MUSICIANS??

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The original artwork from which the posters were made?

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you collected them....didn't you ?

Look here F , if you're going to ask questions like this without giving us the proper information we need to made an advised informed opinion on......
    You're not going to get answers ....just more questions !

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

Yes, I collected them but that validates collectibility only as far as one person is concerned and one of these days I will need to liquidate these things; we’re talking art and not commodities, so value and collectibility can be nebulous.

Original art; some are pencil, some ink, some are made up of more than one piece (different pieces drawn and then put together—similar to old cut and paste with paper and glue). Posters are 100% authentic first printings (I don’t know method of printing). I’ll try to post a couple of images later; cell phone camera files too large.

antidiem and judy like this.
  6. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

7. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

Yes, original art, some with printers notes, some negatives used for printing, some variants, all authentic

antidiem likes this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Cluttered Closet gave information on your Buster Brown post about posting cell photos. Good tutorial. Please check, should help. :)

antidiem likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Without specifics, I would think collectible value will vary by event and artist. Awaiting photos...

Debora

antidiem likes this.
  10. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

been trying to get photos posted; however, after i click on file i am not given a choice of full image as the tutorial shows; uploading begins automatically and then red dialogue box comes up saying image too large

images are in jpeg with setting in dslr on fine and in cell setting is set as factory set it ... both ways are rejected as being too large and both ways give me no choice of "full image"

11. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Perhaps your problem is trying to use the Nikon WIFI feature. Try connecting your camera through a USB cable and uploading them to your computer, then and right click on them to resize to medium.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  12. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

problem was jpg setting. had to reduce it to basic. will probably have to rephoto a few posters and originals to get them to list. will do this in a few hours.

13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

AND/OR You should be able to download a free APP like "Photo Express" which will let you resize your photos on your phone, if the setting adjustment doesn't work............

14. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Glad you discovered the problem.

15. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

here are some of the originals i have. _DSC0754 (2).JPG _DSC0746 (2).JPG _DSC0752 (2).JPG _DSC0756 (2).JPG _DSC0757 (2).JPG _DSC0750 (2).JPG _DSC0755 (2).JPG _DSC0753 (2).JPG all of these are for austin, texas venues or businesses. artists include micael priest, kerry awn, guy juke, and others who made up what was known as the Art Squad at the Armadillo World Headquarters in austin, texas. i will post pictures of some of the posters later today. i am interested in finding out how collectible they are as i will be having to liquidate some originals as well as posters. disregard the colored circles as they are used for filing as well as, in the future, pricing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted