OT - Moving forward......

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 707susang, Jun 28, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you my friend. I hope you find the perfect place that makes you happy. The coast is an awesome place to live.
    Mikey

707susang likes this.
  2. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Thank you, Mikey.....and everyone else.

It's strange, but once I finally jumped that scary gorge, everything seems to be falling into place. There will be many a hitch, I am sure, but my focus is in the right direction and it feels good!

Mikey, I'll be a bit farther away, but I hope we are able to have that coffee time, someday.

I've always been, in the past, one to make things happen - not wait for things to happen to me. I lost sight of that for a while. It feels good to focus on my wants and needs, whether they come to fruition or not. It's about time! :happy:

I am a dreamer and all that comes with it...

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

What area are you looking at Sue? Crescent City, Pelican Bay?

4. Kgr947

Kgr947 New Member

Crescent City and Pelican Bay are close to my area.

707susang likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Oh, all the best to you moving forward! My daughter had a soccer coach who used to quote Gretzky all the time and we've sort of adopted it as a life motivator and really have taken it to heart.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Good for you Sue. You are very brave!

707susang likes this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Sue,
    Just remember this motto.
    greg 10513258_659487687468885_8199026724459380093_n.jpg

8. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Mikey, not that far north - Eureka/Arcata. Kgr947, perhaps we will meet someday?

Things are progressing slowly, and I knew they would. Lots of details...details, details, details........

Life is not about simple, no matter how much we thought it would be and wish it was. I could skate on simple(the path of least resistance) the rest of my life, but that is not me at my core. That finally wore out it's welcome.

For everyone of you who posted your well wishes....:) (because there isn't a heart emoticon)....Back-atcha all!

I post a lot of music, always have. Please don't dig too deep for some kind of hidden message....more often than not, there isn't one. Or I should say.....there is never anything 'hidden', but I will pick a song relative....otherwise, it is nothing more than what I am listening to at the moment and sharing. I'm not really that deep. :clown:

9. 707susang

707susang Active Member

10. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhh..... Peter Gabriel in general, and In Your Eyes in particular, are all-time favorites of mine.... thanks, Sue....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    707susang likes this.
  11. gregsglass

Hi Sue,
    I saw this cartoon seconds after reading your post.
    greg co140704.jpg

12. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I will be on the east coast (CT) for an indefinite period of time, soon. For the first time in my life, I have booked a one way ticket. I found my brave and gonna take a long needed sabbatical to just be and find me, again. I have a loving home to go to, and will take all the time I need.

Selling and buying, here, has proved more difficult than I want or need to deal with right now. Down the road....

I hope to spend time with lots of friends and loved ones while there as well as the beautiful friend that has opened their home to me, indefinitely. I will have phone and computer access while there, but I hope to be busy, laughing and loving, and not much time for this crutch. Please wish me well, this has been a hard decision, but I know love and safety waits me there. The future is the future, not gonna worry about it. (smile)

cartoongirl likes this.
  13. 707susang

707susang Active Member

It is so much better with music, but right over your head? Speechless..

[​IMG]

14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Sue, I hope you will find all that you're seeking.

(And, shoot - after 18 years in CT, I've only just barely left... I'd love to have had the chance to meet you there.)

Thinking of you,
    -C-

707susang likes this.
  15. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

CT is just crazy talk. I've never once thought of visiting there let alone an extended stay.

707susang likes this.
  16. gregsglass

Hi Sue,
    Well it will be an experence for you. I sincerely hope you find what you are searching for. When you said a while back ago about moving north I thought SF but CT? Hope you are ready for the cold.:eek:
    I wish you all the best not going to wish you luck, that you make yourself.
    greg

707susang likes this.
  17. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Sue,

It's very courageous of you to uproot yourself and go to the opposite side of the country. I admire you for that, and wish you well. Best wishes to you!

Fig

707susang likes this.
  18. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

I hear they're big on nutmeg there:).

Nowhere in Connecticut is more than an hour from Brimfield Mass..;)

You'll be in real honest to goodness ANTIQUES country.

Best of luck always!

707susang likes this.
  19. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Thank you, all. It's so nice to be able to share my random thoughts here now and then, without having to write a book of explanations or answer a bunch of questions. You guys are pretty darn cool...

20. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You're pretty darn cool, yourself. ;)

Having lived in NE more than half my life, I "took the plunge" and moved across the country 9 years ago. From the eastern end of I-90 to the western end. Scary to leave all that was familiar behind, but a certain then-2 year old was a bigger draw. Not the same as what you're doing, I know, but still...

I hope you'll take the opportunity to explore - there are lots of interesting places to see. You could even meet up with silverthwait!

Safe travels! :kiss:

707susang likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted