Featured @ Other Venetian Bead Necklaces: From Auction

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Karen S., May 18, 2018.

1. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

These are the last 2 necklaces I bought at the auction 8 years ago. They are suppose to also be venetian beads found in a cache in road construction in Oklahoma by a Cherokee. See earlier post about 2 days ago to see the other 2 necklaces. First 2 photos are the one with the arrowhead attached as a pendent. Probably what 2 Duck personally wore. The last 5 photos are the other necklaces that have the statement also: African Venetian Trade Beads. Any help you can give me about the age or history of these would be greatly appreciated. Do you think that any museum would want any of the 4 necklaces? Should I donate them? 2.jpg 2.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 2.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 13.jpg

2. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Sorry, Don't know when to click on Full image and again have duplicate photos. Tried to edit and remove duplicates but could not figure out how to remove.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

You can just hit delete for each one you don’t want.
    When you have all your pictures uploaded, just hit the first box and you won’t get duplicates. :)

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The arrowhead looks like a modern reproduction ,the other beads may also be modern.Even the "ghost" bead has been reproduced.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They look like Italian trade beads, but the age...dunno. They could be 100 years old, and could be last week. I have a feeling those were new when you bought them.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looks like the one with the arrowhead has a mix of beads of different ages, mostly 20th century.
    I agree, the arrowhead is a modern one, they are made a lot. It is a symbol, and doesn't really pretend to be from an archeological site.
    Venetian is the magic word, but most of these beads could have been made in any of the dozen or so trade bead producing countries in Europe and Asia.
    The beads on the second one look older. Ta-li Ga-Wa-Nv has/had taste, it has a very stylish look. Pity they didn't give an approximate date, since they clearly knew the maker.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

This post will not be fully displayed until you register or login! Thank you all for your informative information on these 2 necklaces. I also think the arrowhead necklace is fairly new. It didn't come with any documentation and I feel that it was 2 Ducks personal necklace. I spent my undergraduate years at U. of New Mexico (eons ago) studying anthropology and spending weekends up around Los Alamos looking for pot shards and arrowheads in the area ( relative's Private lands) and I do think the arrowhead is authentic. Just my opinion. Don't know if I'll keep, sell or donate the 3 necklaces that look older and authentic Venetian beads. Can I inquire here what you think they would be worth? (See previous thread for other 2 necklaces) Thank you so much.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted