Ovenglas casserole dish with yellow band along lid and chrome plated carrier

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Sep 22, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I found this Ovenglas casserole dish and lid with yellow band around the lid and chrome played ring carrier. My mom told me that the chrome plated carrier came with the Ovenglas casserole dish. I would like to know if the chrome plated carrier came with the ovenglas casserole dish and lid or do they not have anything in common. The chrome plated carrier does fit onto the Ovenglass casserole dish. Also, is Ovenglas the company that made this casserole dish? The dimensions of the ovenglas casserole dish is about 8 3/4" top diameter x 7 1/2" bottom diameter x 3 1/4" without the lid or 5 3/4" up to top of the knob on lid. The bottom center is etched with Ovenglas, Guaranteed. The dimensions of the chrome plated carrier are about 8 1/2" top diameter x 8 3/4" bottom diameter x 2 3/4" height without 2 of 3 feet or 3" with 3 feet. Thank you for help in this request. Rob
    IMG_6449small.JPG IMG_6454small.JPG IMG_6456small.JPG IMG_6457small.JPG IMG_6465small.JPG

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I've never seen the chrome plated carrier before! :D

judy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You don't believe your mother? :hilarious: I don't see reason to think that the carrier and the casserole were not made for each other - such a good fit.

judy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

janettekay, UncleChuckTX and judy like this.
  5. antidiem

Perhaps yours is missing the feet? It's still a great carrier for hot Ovenglas! :)

judy likes this.
  6. rknarr2

From what I saw, I am convinced the carrier came with the casserole dish as a combination. Thank you. Rob

judy likes this.
  7. rknarr2

2 of the 3 feet are broken off the carrier but I could tell where they were on the carrier. Yes, it still is a great carrier for ovenglas. Rob

antidiem likes this.
  8. rknarr2

After seeing some with the carrier, I believe they did come together. Rob

9. rknarr2

I had not either until I opened this past box. I am convince that the ovenglas and carrier came as a set. Rob

antidiem likes this.
  10. antidiem

Oh yeah! After seeing Bakersgma's Fry listings on google (thanks Bakers!), my eyes have been opened to this as a set too! Just never saw one before yours! :joyful:

Bakersgma and rknarr2 like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I do not believe your casserole is Fry Ovenware.

The handles of your carrier appear to be Bakelite, and the color trim of the casserole would fit with a 1930s-40s time period

I have never seen the "Ovenglas" mark before.
    Can you make out the letters? all I see is "eed"
    upload_2019-9-22_13-2-36.png

Was this your mother's?
    Does she know where she got it?
    Wondering if it might be European rather than American.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  12. rknarr2

It says in the middle of the bottom the words Ovenglas up top and Guaranteed on the bottom. I wish I knew how to detect bakelite myself. Yes, I can make out the letters, I think what you focused on was the back end of the word Guaranteed. It was the best picture I could do after many attempts so you probably still can not see the word Ovenglas. I am not sure if this was my mom's or whether she inherited it or bought it an an auction back in the 1980-2000s. She does not know where she got it. I could not find it in my research on ebay or etsy. Rob

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted