Featured Pack Basket

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by rknarr2, Jun 16, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Working on downsizing after my dad passed away. One of the things he owned was a pack basket with the following features:
    • L is 14 1/2" D x W is 12 1/2" D x H is 18 1/2"
    • Front and back legs L is 12 1/2" x W is 1 1/4" x H is 3/4"
    • 2 1/2" D woodened handle
    • Hand Weaved wood
    • Tacked on woodened hoop around the mouth
    • Resizeable canvas back straps
    I need help with identifying the type of wood specifically the tree name that was used in making this pack basket. In my research of similar pack basket, could it be ash and ratton? Thank you for your help in this request. Rob
    IMG_6069small.JPG IMG_6073small.JPG IMG_6078small.JPG IMG_6082small.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd say ash !

rknarr2, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like it was hardly ever used!!! It's Nice!!!!

rknarr2 and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

5. komokwa

6. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice. I had mistakenly put balsam wood like used in model planes. Rob

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted