Featured Painted doggy brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by smallaxe, Jul 22, 2020.

1. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this has a crack running through it, which I imagine kills the value, but it's a family item so, not a big deal. The only mark on this is "14k". So it's probably impossibly to know the maker. But I'm hoping someone can tell me a little about this kind of jewelry item, when they were popular, where they were typically made, etc. I included a photo of the clasp since on a previous item I posted, that was all you amazing folks needed to pin down the period it was made. From it's looks, I'm guessing it is 1920's.

20200722_093310.jpg 20200722_093159.jpg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The clasp says circa 1910-1920 but that's all I've got.

kyratango, Bronwen and smallaxe like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So, Here's the deal, from MY point of view! I know it's a PIN, and probably small AND 14K! I don't know the value, but that little doggie is old and CUTE!! NOW, I happened across a site: https://armchairauctions.com/buttons/
    that if you check out.....YES, they are BUTTONS, but they are also works of ART, some/many in the same type vein as your pin.....AND they're asking BIG BUCKS- for some!!! SO, IF you're selling, just don't sell it short.....that button site BLEW ME AWAY!!!!! If your pin is 'family', maybe you have someone who'd like it someday! I think it's lovely! OK, I'm done:happy:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  4. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

I forgot to put something in the photo as a size reference. It is almost exactly 1 inch across.

antidiem and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Here are some of the pricier samples of some hand painted buttons, but there are TONS there.....These are just current BID prices in process......

CRRNT BID BUTTN PRICES.jpg

antidiem and Houseful like this.
  6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

❤️❤️❤️

Draft saved Draft deleted