Painting Signed Estrella

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Aug 27, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I don't see why those would be L's

3. kardinalisimo

Sound good with L's

What is your suggestion on the name. You know, some artists sign their works like doctor's prescriptions, almost creating their own alphabets.

4. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

The e's are totally different in the signatures? Looks like the painter was trying to pull a fast one????
    sig.jpeg
    signature.jpeg

5. kardinalisimo

There are surely differences in the siggies but the overall appearance suggest both pieces were done by same artist( or studio). Indeed it looks like the one on Ebay was done probably with more care and somehow better executed.
    I am sure some of you will know better. To me it looks like the style was influenced by some other artists. Maybe mixture of Picasso and .... can't think of other names now...

6. spirit-of-shiloh

7. spirit-of-shiloh

Weird? When I went to edit the X came up with the large painting? Then I uploaded the same but its small? Oh well, JMHO re: siggys!

8. Yola

Yola New Member

I also own an Estrella and could never make out the signature. But I love this artwork!!! Mine is a picture of a child holding a balloon. I don't know how to download from my documents because it does not have a url.

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I found an interesting ebay.au listing for a painting similar to the first and last one's here.

I have no idea as to the accuracy of the claims herein:

"This is a superb and rare original artwork by the recognised Filipino painter Estrella.

"This work is painted in oil or acrylic and is on canvas, signed by the Artist in the bottom left corner. The artwork depicts a woman wearing a white necklace and earrings, relaxing on the grass with a colourful bird which has been let out of its intricate white birdcage.
    This stylised painting is in a carved timber frame with the wooden insert painted an antique-gold colour. The painting is about 29 cms high x 22 cms wide. The framed picture measures around 40cms high and 32 cms wide and is in excellent condition. There are two extra nail holes in the back of the timber frame which were there when the artwork was bought.

"This painting was bought in Manila in 1971 at an Exhibition of Estrella's work, and has been in my family's ownership since then."

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESTRELL...128630?hash=item33f2e075f6:g:RgkAAOSwhcJWQEOl

i need help likes this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

12. Lyn Barringer

Lyn Barringer New Member

13. Lyn Barringer

Lyn Barringer New Member

This artist's name is Estrella. He is from the Philippines. His studio was in Angeles City in the PI. We went to his studio in 1975 and he painted a canvas for us. Unfortunately we do not have it any longer whether we got rid of it or it was lost in a move.

BoudiccaJones and moreotherstuff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted