Featured PAIR OF OLD TABLES PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE & DATE

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by chris klausen, Sep 19, 2023.

1. chris klausen

chris klausen Active Member

You guys really helped once today so I thought I'd try again. I have 2 of these any ideas. Thanks! IMG_0777.jpg IMG_0778.jpg IMG_0779.jpg IMG_0780.jpg IMG_0781.jpg IMG_0782.jpg IMG_0783.jpg IMG_0784.jpg IMG_0785.jpg

kyratango, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have no idea. What it LOOKS LIKE TO ME it is old 1940s side tables bottoms covered with metal edging and carpet upholstery tacks, then painted and "antiqued" in about the 1970s when pirates and bounty became popular decor.

Please wait for the opinion of others more experienced than I may be.

Edited to say: The little flourish of decoration between the top of the legs looks living room furniture detailed, or even bedroom side table bottoms.

3. chris klausen

chris klausen Active Member

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@chris klausen , I suggest you show the details of the joints, the feet, the undersides, close ups.

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am inclined to say these are relatively modern rustic design imports.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the wood doesn't;t seem to be of high quality...

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

People need to know that the older items are of far higher quality than expected. Things cost more to make and the older the item the more well made it is.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted