Pair of RED Candle Holders

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antidiem, Feb 28, 2020.

1. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

These are such a deep, dark red, a bit heavy, can anyone please tell me the maker and circa? The "pillow weave" design is all over except for inside of the votive holes, which are smooth. Each measures 2-1/8"across x 2-1/8"across x 1-3/4"high. Much appreciated.

I bought these glass cubes to use as "ring holders" at a thrift store, went to the other thrift and found the thing I was looking for at the last store: an actual "ring holder" for 99c! So now I have these red cube beauties to contend with too! ;) ClearScallopedGlassRingholder0x.JPG

RedCandleHolders0x.jpg RedCandleHolders1x.jpg RedCandleHolder2x.JPG

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thanks Flipper! I couldn't even find any other examples!

However, the seller doesn't state the manufacturer and quilted-button design sounds more a description than an identification. I don't know if these ruby red holders are depression glass, or if they could be newer? They are not listed in green in my forest green glass book and I don't have a ruby red book.

Draft saved Draft deleted