Pair Van Briggle Statues

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 26, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

There was just a discussion of these on the Facebook Vintage American Pottery Identification page. There was a pair in a blue and green glaze that was up for auction recently. The general impression was that were really Van Briggle but newer. The signature on that pair was pretty similar to the signature on yours. The ones on the FB page sold for $500 to a phone bidder but someone in the discussion said they had seen them for $150 a pair at shows. It's funny I'd never seen these and suddenly two pair pop up in less then two weeks. I'd proceed with caution.
    Don

3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

The Z is Jennie Zega, a finisher from 1983-1988.

Lucille.b and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I say this in the nicest possible way,but those things are ugly!

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.(LOL) The 80s date makes sense with the styling.

judy likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That's kinder than anything I would have said. And in case anyone is interested the modeler initial on the FB pair is "J".
    Don

7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Also a finisher (unknown) from the 1980s.

dgbjwc and Lucille.b like this.
  8. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

Calling Joe Kenda...

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Real but modern. No way they are realistically worth $500.00.

Draft saved Draft deleted