Featured Paperweights

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I think most of these are probably made in China but I thought I would check. Thank you.

1. This mushroom has two partial labels that I don't recognize and was hoping someone here might know what these are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yellow Egg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Pink Flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Elephant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Teapot with Shamrocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Pretty mushroom! :cat:

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Thank you! These do look like the remnants of what is left on mine. I wonder what they sold that for. 1stdibs prices are usually very high.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I like the teapot! :)

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I wonder if your mushroom was made with Uranium?

KingofThings likes this.
  7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

The mushroom is nice...but IMHO the others are really not worth much..

8. Mill Cove Treasures

9. Mill Cove Treasures

Janettekay, that's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

antideim - some of the yellow bits glow day glow orange. I'm going to try and get a photograph of it.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. Mill Cove Treasures

I didn't have a place to block out all the light but this will give you an idea. I'll give it another try tonight.

[​IMG]

11. janettekay

[​IMG]

Galliano Ferro

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi MillCove.....sorry but when I have a headache, I don't remember ANYBODY'S name!!!! paperweights.com might be a good source to ask.....as I remember..... his name is Allan.....he was super helpful and nice to talk to!!!! Good luck....they're all unique!!!!! I think I like the pink flower the best!!!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. janettekay

/
    Galliano Ferro Vetreria Artistica Galliano Ferro was founded in 1955. The aim of its founder, Galliano Ferro, was to produce high-quality objects using techniques that were typical of Murano glass. The great harmony of form in the designs produced by Giorgio Ferro – rightly considered one of the greatest glass designers of twentieth-century Murano – would result in the company gradually focusing on the production of light fittings in which traditional methods are used to reinterpret form. This direction would be further confirmed when Giorgio’s son, Alvise, took over as Artistic Director of the company in 2001. Now headed by Paola and Lisa Ferro, the company still produces work in which the care dedicated to detail remains paramount. It is this which over the past 53 years has made Vetreria Artistica Galliano Ferro a recognised leader in the manufacture of light fittings that combine classic standards with exploration of new forms and colours.

14. Mill Cove Treasures

Thanks again Jennetekay.

Thank you Aquitaine. I will check that out. I hope you feel better quickly. Headaches are awful. This is the time of the year I get headaches from allergies but only when it rains. Luckily, we're having a drought this year. ;)

Aquitaine likes this.
  15. Mill Cove Treasures

Using that information above by Jannetekay, I found several different articles and other items for sale. The prices are so high. Thank you for all the help!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Mushroom is good, the rest are mass market, but not unsaleable. Papwerweights.com is a lovely bloke called Alan Thornton Who Knows Of What He Speaks.

17. Mill Cove Treasures

Thank you OBB. I've been going through that site off and on all afternoon. I'm not getting anything done but I keep going back to look, it's addicting.

18. Mill Cove Treasures

FYI - in case anyone is interested. I found the elephant paperweight on ebay with the original sticker - Lenwile Glass Ardalt Japan.

According to Gotheborg, Ardalt Corp. was an importer located on Madison Ave in NY and the sticker was first used in 1945. I found a statement on the net that said Ardalt closed by the 1970s but I haven't found anything to back that up.

Here is the ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Col...eight-Japan-/331873430085?hash=item4d4532aa45

Draft saved Draft deleted