Featured Partial Maker's Mark on Majolica

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sassafras, Jun 27, 2022.

1. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Found a partial mark on one of the feet of my compote. It looks like two fish in opposing directions along with a possible mold number. Does anyone recognize this one? 20220627_101245.jpg 20220627_101151.jpg 20220627_101036.jpg 20220627_101215.jpg

2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I think that is so unique and pretty.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. sassafras

Thank you so much, Charlie!!! Not only did you nail the maker, but I learned a new word from the link you provided. Addorsed. Might have a hard time working that one in to a conversation. ;)

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful!

sassafras likes this.
  7. sassafras

Thank you everyone!

8. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Quite beautiful,that's fine Majolica.

charlie cheswick and sassafras like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted