Featured Perfume Bottle - Made in Czechoslovakia - When

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 20, 2023.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Loved this perfume bottle immediately. It didn't even have a chance to land on the table, where the volunteer was putting it before I scooped it up. I love its low squatty bottle shape and then being topped off with such an ornate stopper. I thought the two were a merger, but I found the same bottle claiming 1930s. Also claiming Baccarat. Vintage Cut Glass Perfume Bottle - Etsy I know how apocryphal that might be, so I thought I would ask here. Could it be that old?

It says "Made In" on one side of the bottle and "Czechoslovakia." It is hard to read. It is 5 3/4 inches tall. Anybody have a thought about it? I'm happy to add it my collection, so an older date would just make it more special.

IMG_4351.JPG IMG_4352.JPG IMG_4353.JPG IMG_4354.JPG IMG_4356.JPG

KSW, judy, TallCakes and 9 others like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

KSW, judy, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

It is gorgeous, isn't it.

KSW, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

5. KikoBlueEyes

Made me very happy to add it to my collection.

KSW, judy, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I found the same combo of stopper & bottle in 2 of my books but unfortunately, neither assigned a date to the bottle. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have always associated with this type of "stubby" stopper end to the 1950s forward.

Whatever the date it is a wonderful addition to your ever-growing perfume bottle collection. :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

KSW, Lucille.b, judy and 6 others like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I appreciate you checking your books. I have learned a lot from you and actually turn down bottles that I now know aren't worth collecting. Stubby stopper - check.
    Thank you very much.

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are so very welcome!!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That moulded in mark is typical of post war Czech glass. The between the wars stuff is what normally has etched or enamelled marks. I’m going on general glass rather than scents.

KSW, KikoBlueEyes, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  10. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

A Sklo Union factory makes sense.

12. KikoBlueEyes

Perfect. As you know I am always looking to see where my collection is in the point of time. Excellent reference information about how to look at czech glass. Thank you.

bercrystal, KSW and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

I am astonished. You even know about perfume bottles! Those are amazing links and I love the colors - the blue especially as its fit the bottle. So thrilled about knowing the name of the maker. The more information I get, the more pleasure when I look at the piece. I started to peak around and found one in a stunning dark green too. Thank you very much for this.

14. KikoBlueEyes

You are such a great resource. Thank you very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted