Persian jug I think

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grant Narey, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Grant Narey

Grant Narey New Member

Could anyone help me identify this jug please. It is 6 inches high 6 inches from spout to handle .it was left to me by my late father who was gifted it by his late partner . I have a paper article from 1974 with a photo of this jug telling the late ladies world travels and how she acquired this in Iran. Apparently excavated from close to the tomb of cyrus the great tia

Attached Files:

ulilwitch likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Was there a museum involved at all? I think you need a museum's resources more than our membership can provide.

ulilwitch likes this.
  3. Grant Narey

Grant Narey New Member

Not as far as I know . I have contacted several big auctioneers about these without any success. It is very hard to actually find a professional to give me an appraisal .

Attached Files:

4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I used to be an accredited ISA appraiser - if you go to the ISA website, you can find an accredited appraiser in your area and then see if they specialize in these type of antiquities. You can also search liveauctioneers.com and see what auction house tends to handle these types of works. I will tell you that some auction houses will worry that the gov't will seize the items and return them to their proper country. We had that happen more then once when we will listed excavated pieces.

6. Grant Narey

Grant Narey New Member

Thankyou . What do you think on these pieces ?

ulilwitch likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if these are real
    if they are worth lots of cash
    if they are at all historical

someone in Iran may want them back..............

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  8. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I think they look a lot like the newspaper clipping, including the damage. I would really have no clue - not in my wheel house!

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  9. Grant Narey

Grant Narey New Member

They are the exact same as newspaper clipping they came together

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So, as suggested above, I think you need to find a museum who would deal in that vintage pottery.....DO NOT LOSE THAT ARTICLE THOUGH!!!! OF PRIME IMPORTANCE TO YOUR PIECES!!!! So KEEP it ALL TOGETHER, which I'm sure you are aware of!!!

Boland likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted