Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
Pewter touch/ stamp help! Lion Rampant, Crowned Rose
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Bakersgma, post: 1054653, member: 59"]That's a Griffin and not a lion - and that is the city mark used as part of the silver assay mark - not a maker's mark. Has nothing to do with pewter touchmarks as far as I can tell. </p><p><br /></p><p>I have looked on the pewter site I linked above for any clues to makers in Grieffenberg, but found none or any other "German" location using the touch that's on your platter. I also looked for it in the pewterbank site (a good location for English touchmarks) and did not find it there either. </p><p><br /></p><p>Not sure where else to go looking. BTW - the 1710 date should be the year the pewterer was established, not a catalog number.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Bakersgma, post: 1054653, member: 59"]That's a Griffin and not a lion - and that is the city mark used as part of the silver assay mark - not a maker's mark. Has nothing to do with pewter touchmarks as far as I can tell. I have looked on the pewter site I linked above for any clues to makers in Grieffenberg, but found none or any other "German" location using the touch that's on your platter. I also looked for it in the pewterbank site (a good location for English touchmarks) and did not find it there either. Not sure where else to go looking. BTW - the 1710 date should be the year the pewterer was established, not a catalog number.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Silver
>
Pewter touch/ stamp help! Lion Rampant, Crowned Rose
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...