Photo 1908 Play Practice Oak Harbor Ohio

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Suzy60us, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

What should I do with this Photo ? I purchased this water stained photo in a beyond repair frame, because it had note on the back with a date (1908)and cast member names and the Smith Studio, Oak Harbor mark on the photo. The exact photo is on the Oak Harbor Library's Website. In the description it states that the date and cast members are unknown. I will contact the library and email them the photo of the note. Should I remove the photo and list it on ebay?
    DSC03897.JPG DSC03900.JPG DSC03903.JPG

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think the library would be interested. It says Class of 1908. So it was a school play, with very nice costumes, probably from a costume hire place. I can't imagine there were many schools in Oak Harbor in 1908, so it could be of local interest.

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The staining might be a problem for selling... but as AJ said, there might be local interest. And I love your idea of sending a copy of the note to the library! I'm assuming they already have a print of the photo, since it's copied on their website. But you could ask them about that.

4. Suzy60us

I sent an email using the Library's contact page. Fig I did not think to ask them if they had a copy. Will do when they answer my note. Also, I need to ask if they can check the names with other sources to see if it was indeed The Oak Harbor High School Class.
    Thanks Any Jewelry and Figtree !

5. Suzy60us

This is an update. I contacted the library and this was a class play performed at The
    Oak Harbor 1908 Commencement.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted