Photo

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by George Donatello, Feb 27, 2016.

1. George Donatello

George Donatello New Member

Does anyone know why I can't upload photos from from my library to this file? Each time I try system says that the file is too large. What am I doing wrong???

Help,

George

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

What size are your pictures? I find somewhere between 800 and 1000 px on the long side is appropriate. They do need to be cropped to work.

3. jon.

jon. New Member

I'm new too same problem think I just got it tho...chane the resolution on your camera to a lower res it makes the file smaller

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Here's a less clever way... I take photos on my phone and use yahoo email to send them to my laptop... en route, it gives me a sizing option... I pick "small"... then I do my stuff on this site on my laptop... download the small photos in email and upload them here.

5. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Download any of the free photo editing programes and use the resize feature.
    I use Photoscape.org

6. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

Now I'm wondering if I did something verboten...
    I created an album, uploaded my photos, then added the pics to my post directly from the album.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Brenda Anna. :)

That's not "forbidden" at all. It's a strategy that some members use successfully, but it's not the only way or even the most commonly used way of dealing with pictures. If it works for you, that's great.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Photos MUST be less than 1 MB or 1000Kb.....if that helps.....

9. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bakersgma!

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted