PICASSO LIMITED EDITION PRINT - EDITION SIZE PENCIL WRITTEN, NO PENCIL SIGNATURE?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 25, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store today - it was in a stack by the front door that they had dramatically discounted to sell/make room for new stack of donated art.
    It is by Pablo Picasso but the description is in French?
    Also, it is a limited edition - #1010 of 5,000 that is written in pencil; but there is no Picasso signature in pencil to go with it? Is it legit?
    Could the family/trust (S.P.A.D.E.M.) make a limited edition re-release??
    Thank you for any help, it is appreciated.

AA ART PRINT PICASSO BOY CARRYING BOY 1AA.JPG AA ART PRINT PICASSO BOY CARRYING BOY 2AA.JPG
    AA ART PRINT PICASSO BOY CARRYING BOY 3AA.JPG

Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

If I read the notes at the bottom correctly, this was done in at least 1980 - 7 years after Picasso's death. If it had a signature, that would not be Picasso's own hand.

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Sniped by Bakers

Ghopper1924, judy and i need help like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's a ltd Ed poster of the image used by the Picasso Museum for his 1979 exibit...

Ghopper1924, aaroncab, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

A limited edition print made for the 'World Treasure Society' from a poster that was made for an exhibition held in 1979. The poster was made using a painting held in the Picasso Museum in Paris, hence the French title of the painting. The Reunion des Musees Nationaux seems to be in the business of reprinting publications of French museums:

https://www.boutiquesdemusees.fr/fr/cadeaux/4-librairie/1/

6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Does this one have any value? I'm not going to lose money; it was marked down to $4!

i need help likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm sure it's worth more than that......it's just that the subject matter....in 2019...will raise an eyebrow or two..........
    maybe u could do well selling to a priest......

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Very big edition number means the value will not be much. Worth more than 4 dollars but under 50.00

reader, aaroncab, i need help and 2 others like this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Someone(s) had to sit there and write every number from 1/5000 to 5000/5000.

Not the biggest edition I've seen pencil signed.

aaroncab, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted