Featured Picasso

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jtw1313, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

fine, I'll play along. Yes, it can

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

A lot of this is just wishful thinking

lloyd249 likes this.
  3. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

It always is just like playing lottery......how many people here play the lottery? How many of you look for the negative in that ticket before you play? It’s all about how we think

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Take it to a local gallery if you want to get a second opinion on it. Where did you get it? Did you get it through a collector? That also plays into an important part of authenticity.

Christmasjoy and Houseful like this.
  5. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

so let me get this straight ,you say you mailed it away to somebody that sent it back to you with a letter saying that they think it is real but not a certificate , and then they told you not to tell anyone what they said or who they are for risk of imprisonment on a non disclosure that you couldn't possibly have signed .

Any Jewelry, judy and aaroncab like this.
  6. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

I’m not trying to argue about this I dislike anything negative and try to stay as positive as I possibly can........I believe that you obviously think it’s a reproduction and I’m good with that. Thanks for the replies and opinions always appreciated. If I do anything further with it I will let everyone here know what the outcome is good or bad

7. lloyd249

i feel you i have been through the ringer in the art world trying to authenticate this lol I have talked to galleries and museums , experts , traveled twice half way across canada once to montreal and once to woodstock ont. I know my way around picasso's now , took me 4 1/2 years to find the secret date code on it as it just appeared to be pencil scribble .
    dora side by side2.jpg chair 11.JPG

Any Jewelry and Jtw1313 like this.
  8. lloyd249

i mean what are you thinking do you think that someone here would get a hold of the gallery and tell them that you disclosed their opinion on your picture ... highly unlikely lol hahaha hehehe just be honest with us and we will be honest with you .

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. lloyd249

i believe my chair was my first post to this site 4 1/2 years ago lol it's what brought me here ... :D:D:D

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

I will let you know.......this isn’t my first rodeo I’ve been around for awhile just not here

lloyd249 likes this.
  11. lloyd249

the good people here have been with me on this journey for the last four and a half years i have kept them informed of all the ups and downs and ins and outs of my journey(s) some have been positive and some have been not so positive (you know who you are lol JK ) but all have been supportive .
    Just the statement of i think i have a picasso what do you think ? strikes up an argument pretty much anywhere/everywhere you go lol

Any Jewelry and Houseful like this.
  12. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

Let me attempt to satisfy some of you again as I already stated........it was said that after extensive research they were unable to confirm the Authorship of this work per their guarantee.

13. lloyd249

if i had a dollar for everytime i heard that from them i wouldn't need a picasso lol i have the proof i can tell from that alone it was sotheby's as they said the exact same thing to me pretty much word for word

14. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

Well think of it this way let as many people as possible keep thinking everything is a repo or a fake and the chances go up. I will gladly take my chances and buy them for a buck just like the lotto lol......so please everyone who has one it’s just a reproduction give it away

judy and lloyd249 like this.
  15. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

That goes for anything everything is a reproduction lol

lloyd249 likes this.
  16. lloyd249

if you want to know like i said send all the info you have to the picasso administration if they say yes , home run , if they say no put it on the wall and call it one anyways as no one knows lol

17. lloyd249

mine is hidden in a box in a friends basement the pressure is too much
    ironic huh hehehe

18. Jtw1313

Jtw1313 Active Member

It’s really not that easy you have to take a lot of photos and they have to be 300 dpi

19. lloyd249

and we are not arguing we are getting to know you better and us better to you that's all

20. lloyd249

ya learning to post pics was a b*>*ch at first but we can help

Draft saved Draft deleted