Featured Pickers Heaven Estate Sale

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by mmarco102, Nov 12, 2018.

1. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Rarely done good at a dealer's estate. They are most often an accumulation of the problem, unsaleable stuff.

3. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

too far to go for what I see there and I agree with terry.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I disagree.
    Depends on how the sellers price things.
    Most of it looks everydayish. There are some pictures that look interesting, probably the first things to go.

We had a dealer pass a few years ago. A hoarder! ! They put things in boxes and auctioned the box lots. I did very very well.

You just don't know what you might find. If no other sales look more promising, then I would go.

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Still, nice of you to share with your possible competition! :)

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the Architectural salvage looks promising..

7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I agree with cluttered, some neat pieces there:)

8. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to peek, because: why isn't in Arcadia, California?

9. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Of course, odds are you’re right. But I found the Safi Hand Washing kettle and basin at such a place. Arcadia FL(population 7,000), is in the middle of nowhere and some images(as in fireplace plus others) seem to be in a home. This looks more like a country hoarder as you will see some small items have been newly tagged “Not for sale”. If you zoom in on the picture posted you’ll see that that is a screened porch and the house windows are inside of it.

I might be going to Ft Meyers that week, so not far out of my way if I do. Finally, I try to dig deeper than the pictures, try to find things lost for years. But that doesnt guarantees it will work out in my favor, and at this point it is just a passing thought to go.

Thanks for your input.*thumbs up*

Note: I travel a lot, so when I do, prior to I look for estate sales in the area I plan to go. Thats how I even found this. I dont travel to find things, there is enough down here in my own back yard(area). ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id go. I bet theres some hidden treasures amongst that hoard of dreck ! I see a lot of what looks like restaurant supplies and decor,I bet they bought up places that were going out of business.We just had a couple here on the local news that own four homes all across the city packed to the rafters with stuff.They were in trouble for not maintaining their properties.They even had a huge houseboat in one yard!

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    There are enough things there to make me remortgage the house!!!!!!!!
    greg

12. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Like the red and black wooden boat ... Joy.

pearlsnblume, mmarco102 and cxgirl like this.
  13. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

My favorite type of sale Wish I lived in Florida I would go. I love digging in old packages all the way to the bottom you never know if you do not take the time to look. The junkier the more unorganized the better in my eyes. I love to scavenge were other do not dare! Put on pair of gloves and dig in. lol.

14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Nothing screaming at me, but that's just me.

15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

There could be some gems after some proper picking takes place.

mmarco102 and i need help like this.
  16. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Ooops, wrong thread!

17. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Yep gloves and a baseball hat with an led light attached. (Or take a small flashlight.) Oh and don't forget the magnifying glass.

18. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Take a look at the pig under one of the benches.
    Patd

19. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

Living in South Florida, I've always considered Arcadia as an antique sellers town. By that I mean the whole town is involved in selling antiques. The downtown area has a monthly antique fair for the last 20 years. I went there once maybe 10 years ago. Everything was overpriced in my opinion. I'm sure it hasn't changed.
    My main concern would be the company having the sale. In my experience, they are the usual factor that will determine whether or not the sale is worth going to.
    Some of these companies, many of them actually, price their wares too high for any reseller to purchase. I've been at sales and seen items priced higher than what I could sit at home and buy them off ebay for, delivered!
    I have a select few companies that I will deal with locally. I've learned through the years which one to avoid also.

Having said all of this, if I was 100 miles closer I would check it out, But I'm not driving 160 miles to a sale from a company I am not familiar with.

20. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Arcadia certainly has changed over the years and has become very commercial. I used to go there from Miami ( in the 70's ) to help a friends family on a cattle ranch and there was nothing there except a bar and a greasy spoon (translate restaurant) I like Diggummup have no interest in driving from Ocala there just on a maybe but by all means if someone goes please rub it in when you score!:cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

komokwa and mmarco102 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted