Pin Brooch D & E Leaf Pink Rhinestones AB Accents Gold-toned Metal Ribbon Setting?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by moreotherstuff, Oct 21, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Lighting is terrible today so the photos aren't the best, but I think they'll do to ask the question. Is this D&E?

Most of the stones in this brooch are prong set. The two circular stones in the bow-like settings are not, nor are the tiny stones in the stem. The metal is gold-toned. The back seems to me to show some of the figure 8 puddling. The pin is nearly 3” long and about 1 ¼” at its widest. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Gorgeous color! But I don't know the answer....

3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Lovely brooch! I don't know if this is DeLizza & Elster (D&E) either. Like you said it does have the "figure 8 pudding" and those pudding cups have alternating 4 and 3 prongs like pictured on D&E.
    http://www.agedandopulentjewelry.com/pages/AdvancedFiugure8s.htm

The navettes are not open-backed like many of D&E pieces; however, several of D&E navettes are not open-backed. Following is a site on Juliana D&E. No doubt you know about this site, but in case not, am giving a link to it. It has a good tutorial and several pages of verified D&E pieces including 3 pages of brooches.
    http://www.agedandopulentjewelry.com/pages/JulianaJewelry.htm

I have several rhinestone pieces including Weiss butterfly brooches- sets, but really have no D&E.

--- Susan

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'll have to go through that site, but I can't do it on this computer. Thanks for the help. I'd forgotten about the open-backed navettes.

5. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Figure eight puddling?! Open backed navettes!?

Ei ei ei!:confused:

:)))

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

D&E are very collectible designers, but to my knowledge they never signed anything, always manufacturing to be retailed by others. So the collectors look for distinguishing characteristics. Take look at the Opulent Jewelry link posted by Ladybranch and note the section designated to things like fasteners and settings and whatnot. Look through some of the confirmed D&E stuff, and then look through some of the not D&E. It's a bit of a mine field, but it can also be money on the table.

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I want to ask about this on eBay. What's the most promising group? Or is everyone here now?

8. Figtree3

I think it would be the Jewelry & Gemstones Board Group:
    http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones-Board-Group/gp-p/JewelryGemstonesBoardGroup

This is a group that was formed by members of the Jewelry & Gemstones Board that used to exist. They formed it during the time that it was said that all boards would be merged into Collectibles & Art, before they changed their mind and made most of the boards into groups. So, there also exists a Jewelry & Gemstones Group that was made from the old board: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/bd-p/232

This one would also be o.k. for posting, because some of the regulars check both groups.

9. Figtree3

On the first of the two above links, you have to click "Join" in order to be able to post to that group.

10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try the second group just because I don't like joining groups that I'll hardly ever follow.

11. Figtree3

OK, good luck with it!

12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Posted it over there, but really screwed-up the thread. It's been too long.

13. Figtree3

Well, looks like you righted the ship and have one person's reply so far.

14. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted