Pink Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 31, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any help with the maker?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would think either Consolidated or Phoenix. I always forget the distinguishing characteristics of each (Used to know but am drawing a blank). Might look here ....

http://www.pcgcc.org/

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The link I posted isn't as helpful as I might have hoped. I am finding this vase attributed both ways. However, I think it is probably Phoenix. Here is a marked example in blue .......

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1825325

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

thanks.
    Is there any way I can find out when it was made without the label on the bottom? As far as I understood the early pieces had different stickers.

5. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

I would have gone Consolidated 100% until Brad posted the labeled example. That prompted me to pull out the ol' Phoenix book. Sure enough it's only listed as Phoenix. Based on the glass and the type of finish work I would think circa 1935 +/-. Possibly a Kenneth Haley design. (Former Consolidated designer.)

(Ref: Phoenix and Consolidated Art Glass 1926-1980, by Jack Wilson, C. 1989.)

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Brad,
    I was always told if plain background and colored raised design it is Consolidated. Phoenix has colored background and white raised designs.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted