Featured Pink intaglio glassware help, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Mar 18, 2018.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

IMG_3968.jpg IMG_3969.jpg IMG_3947.jpg IMG_3949.jpg IMG_3941.jpg
    Besides the piece with the silver edge and the platter with the three maidens, I was thinking the other pieces kinda matched and are possibly from the same maker and go together somehow? The only reason I exclude the three maiden plate/tray is because the ladies look different in dress, hair, etc. What is this, a vanity tray? (my best guess) Would the one with the lady sitting on top be part of a vanity set as well? I know the two little pointy things are for rings and the other two matching lidded items I am not sure about their use. I am looking for help with the origin, maker, age, uses, etc. Any and all help is appreciated. I googled my fingers off but I am thinking I am not using the right terms in order to match any of this stuff. I could not find a metal mark on the silver edged thingy It is roughly 3.75" across My first thought on that was some type of ashtray or coaster TYIA

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

What are the measurements of the tray?
    Is the tray the same color pink as the little jars and ring holders?
    Will two of the jars and a ring holder fit on the tray with room to spare?

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Pamela has these in the unknown section on her trinket sets page; one with a 'Czechoslovakia' paper label:
    http://pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html
    select trinket sets and scroll to bottom of page

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The tray is the Three Graces. There's a very good Facebook page for pressed glass, may be worth asking there.

5. gauntlettgems

The thing is they match but each set has one in one color and the 2nd one is off by a little so I’m wondering if it’s two sets. I will get measurements when I’m home this evening. I’ll look for the FB page too. Thank you for all of the help!

6. gauntlettgems

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you guys. I am busier than a one-arm paper hanger! The tray is 11 7/8" ( L to R) from outside lip to lip. All the pieces fit on it comfortably but they don't all have the same hair and dress style to me. Hmmm

IMG_4856.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted