PL Bracelet?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

9B71A461-5C7E-42C3-AE33-B4E65FD54725.jpeg BB31F939-D907-429A-9057-6F31BFCD3BCA.jpeg 8184C7A5-2E37-4CF7-A906-49A1F7FD1389.jpeg 0B3132A9-A218-466B-B5BD-EC060F02EFFF.jpeg Got this bracelet It feels like a quality bracelet but no stamps other than PL?A friend told me it stands for platinum but I would think a platinum bracelet would have other stamps since it’s such a valuable metal. Also it’s magnetic on the yellow gold areas (leading me to believe only the white areas are platinum)... I also know that some platinum jewelry that is mixed with cobalt is magnetic so that doesn’t entirely rule it out .
    That being said anyone wanna help me out with value and any info before I sell
    This little lady?

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It does look like a quality item, but I'd take it to a jeweler straight a way...to test the stones and metal..

3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The photos are too out of focus to see most of the links.The link with PL looks like a sponge and I'm not sure why it would have been sold to start with.

4. komokwa

i have a 14 K gold cast pendant that has that same rough look on the reverse.

5. komokwa

6. Hollyblue

Rough surface is fine,holes like a sponge is not.

judy likes this.
  7. komokwa

well...........I tried !:(

8. Hollyblue

In the U.S. platinum is marked Platinum, PLAT or PT and fineness mark.Platinum is not all that valuable,at today's market price it was half the cost of gold.

judy likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

These fairly recent pretty tennis bracelets are usually made in China, and because of that I think PL means plated.
    Internationally the usual abbreviation for platinum is either plat or pt, just like Holly said about the US marks.

Christmasjoy and Houseful like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted