Featured Please help identify pattern glass sherbets

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jan 15, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Board Friends - I've got three sherbet and I'm having trouble figuring out who manufactured them. Pattern appears to be a thistle but it doesn't match any of the thistle patterns in the EAPGS database. Each sherbet is 3" tall and 3 7/8" across the top. Base measurement is about 2 5/8". Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Don

IMG_20190115_112746188.jpg IMG_20190115_112849613.jpg

2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I don't think that is a thistle...but I can't remember.... I DO know I've never seen it on glass before.

Ownedbybear would know!

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

6980C940-FAC0-4343-89E7-64B1D5B4647D.jpeg Looks rather like a cornflower?

judy, pearlsnblume, SBSVC and 3 others like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

a/k/a bachelor's button - I LOVE them - one of my favorite flowers!

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help all. I still haven't turned anything up using cornflower or bachelor's button. Cornflower seems to be mostly restricted to cut, etched and silver overlay decorations. Nothing pressed has shown up yet. I will continue to hunt. I am most appreciative of the leads. :)
    Don

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

In what searching I’ve done, maybe the hexagonal base is another search option?

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's rather part of the problem though. There's nothing particularly distinctive about a hex base or the panels. The only distinguishing feature are the cornflowers (bachelor's buttons). You're a sweetheart for the suggestion though.:kiss:
    Don

judy and i need help like this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Well, this was a bit of a surprise. They identified these on the EAPG page as Fostoria #1819 also known as Dandelion!
    Don

judy, SBSVC, Bakersgma and 1 other person like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Glad you found it! They don’t look like dandelions to me, but I don’t know. :)

judy and dgbjwc like this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Certainly not dandelion foliage.

judy, dgbjwc and i need help like this.
  11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I think a lot of EAPG only had numbers, collectors named a lot of the patterns late on. Obviously the person who named this never saw a dandelion ;)

Cherryhill, judy, i need help and 2 others like this.
  12. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the dandelion AKA came from Heacock; Fosoria catalog listing was "No. 1819 I.C. Pattern". Some folks therefore call it Fostoria IC; also has the AKA of Thistle...

13. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted