Please help identify!

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by James Bradley, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I can imagine.
    It is an alien concept where I am, in the Netherlands, and I am surprised every time it is mentioned on the forum.
    Overhere entering a seemingly abandoned building is regarded as illegal entry. There is always an owner, somewhere, even if it is the local council.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

abandoned buildings in my part of the world are usually falling apart and if there's anything in them, they would be bits which the owners were too lazy to dump properly.

unoccupied buildings on the other hand ..... :rolleyes::D:happy::hilarious:

i need help, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe that’s why weird things are happening, Karma!

cxgirl and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Where I live you can always get the Sheriff to come out and "post" your "rural" land -- a few signs saying "Posted Land" seem to work magic on "trespassers" -- and yes, I said and meant TRESPASSERS!!! :(

Jivvy, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Fun mask!

There are many legitimate ways someone might have access to an abandoned/unoccupied house. They might own the property, have permission to access the property or even be hired to clear the property.

Unfortunately sometimes the assumption is made that because no one is living in a house/building, that no one cares about the items in it. My mother grew up in a small farming community where it was common for people to move to town, especially as they age, as the winters are hard. The building are checked regularly but not occupied. Often the farm houses and buildings are used to store family items until someone has place for them. My mom was crushed when someone backed a truck up to a house with family possessions and stole many items including her mother's pump organ. She was sad her whole life about it's loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted