Please help me understand these markings

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KeithF, Mar 24, 2024.

1. KeithF

KeithF New Member

I was wondering if someone could help me understand all the markings on this Wedgewood pottery piece. Thank you. IMG_8486.jpeg IMG_8486.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  2. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Most people prefer to see the actual item(as well as the complete bottom) before forming an opinion or identification. Hope you can add a few more photos to help others.

3. KeithF

KeithF New Member

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It is the Grapevine pattern Compote. Someone will be along to address the markings.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& someone else will be along ...just to say that Wedgwood...is not Wedgewood !

so, I'll beat em to it !;):playful::playful:

i need help likes this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I had one of those once. It was my mother's and my notes say 1961, but I think this was the type of thing Wedgwood produced for decades. They did have a dating system, so maybe someone can narrow it down.

mmarco102 and i need help like this.
  7. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The markings will be for batches, moulds, the appliqué worker etc. At this time period if there were a date is would be impressed as two numerals like '68' for 1968. The form of this one likely dates it sometime between the 1950's and 1970's.

Afaik there isn't a comprehensive list anywhere for Wedgwood ancillary marks, I have most of the main reference works and there isn't much about the in those. I've not looked at the WW museum website for a while though, that did have interesting info if you dug down.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted