Please help with inforamation on this dagger

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Joanne Mayfield, Aug 24, 2021.

1. I think its called a khanjar. It looks like mother of pearl inlay. I found some pictures of a couple of other daggers that look the same. I guess it's mother of pearl inlay but I do not know how old it is. Also the blade looks like copper of bronze. I can't find anything like the blade on this one. Thank you

Screenshot_20210824-090018_Gallery_compress89.jpg Screenshot_20210824-090027_Gallery_compress78.jpg Screenshot_20210824-090037_Gallery_compress51.jpg Screenshot_20210824-090047_Gallery_compress26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    Boland likes this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very nice !!!!

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That’s very cool. Found some photos of Syrian jambiya daggers/shamshir with brass blades on line. But there’s a difference between Jambiya daggers and Khanjar daggers right?

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. I dont know the diffrence.

6. komokwa

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Awesome thank you. I think maybe the blade is just a unusual material. I still have not found a khanjar with a copper blade. Hopefully it does not decrease the value.

8. komokwa

I can't say the blade is copper...........even with your nice pics...:sorry:

9. komokwa

the handle is kick ass.....

maybe someone here can give you the worth point ..worth....from my link?>

10. I guess I'm not sure really what the handle is made of?

11. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Water buffalo horn

12. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

True. Looks bronzed to me

13. Do you think the blade is bronze?

14. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Agreed that handle is beautiful ,but not that unique there are several examples on line with these beautiful and intricate designed detailed handles. I personally find the blade almost more intriguing.

15. komokwa

I don't !
    I find the workmanship in the handle to be superb .....a cut above....& I even find the simplicity of the back to be quite eye pleasing......

Draft saved Draft deleted