Please help with this mark - Porcelain Blue white egg cup

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, May 1, 2018.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I know this but my brain is just not working very well lately, please help! or maybe the mark is upside down? Thank you! eggcups.jpg eggcups1.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Lovely egg cups. I am getting a definite vibe of being Danish. Just looks like it, might be Japanese copying.
    greg

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I think you're thinking of Royal Copenhagen's Blue Flute.

This is similar.

Any Blue Flute I've had has always been by Royal Copenhagen, with the 3 wavy lines.

4. wildrose

Some directions to look. Thank you!

5. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I checked Danckert's book and didn't see your mark. Doccia (Italy) had a mark very similar but no cigar :)

judy likes this.
  6. It looks like a variant of the blue 'onion' patter. Originally by Meissen and widely copied (including copy marks). Copies are largely German and Austro/Bohemian, but also Scandinavia as someone mentioned. If you search for Onion pattern egg cups - expand out if necessary - hopefully you will turn up a reference to the mark you have.

cxgirl, dgbjwc and judy like this.
  7. Janice Roberts

Janice Roberts New Member

I am by no means an expert but I found a similar pair. Any thoughts to these bein Royal Bayreuth Tettau?

8. wildrose

looks very similar but for the mark! but another direction to look, tyvm!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted